Friday, June 24, 2011

Where can I find an attorney who will represent me for a custody/divorce hearing for a low or no retainer?

I have had custody of my 3 children all their lives. They have the same father who has been in and out of their lives depending on whether or not he wanted to act like a parent. He just ended a 10 year methadone addiction stemming from a prior herion addiction (yeah, I got a winner), which his mother knew about and not only didn't do anything to help him, but also funded this habit as he has never held down a job for more than a few months. I have proof of all this and that I have been the sole guardian/ care giver for my children. So here's the story. My children and I were living happily together in a house I just purchased in Columbia, SC. In November, 2008, I allowed "him" to move in with us because he gave me another sob story that he had no where to go, etc. He was not working and from November 2008- Febuary 2009, I was working two jobs, 70 hours a week to pay for Christmas, his methadone, etc. I know, I know. He started , yet again, to verbally abuse me and this time, I wasn't going to take his crap. I told him I wanted him out August 2009, I even wrote up an eviction form which he balled up and threw at me. He told me I would have to force him out and so I did. I filed an emergency hearing through the Richland County Family Court Sept 11, 2009. My children and I stayed with a friend while waiting for the hearing while he stayed rent and everything free in our house! The hearing took place on Sept. 25, 2009. I received a protective order due to past physical abuse and verbal threats, custody, child support (which I had never gotten from him before) and he had to be out of my house by October 2, 2009. He was and my children and I finally went home. December 2009, he started to take more of an interest in his children, especially my oldest who was less maintenance than my younger ones. My order expired March 2010. That month, he told me he had quit taking methadone, was getting a place with his cousins and wanted to spend even more time with the kids, the oldest, really. My children and I were getting ready to move to Greenwood, SC in Aug. 2010 so I could attend Peidmont Tech to finish my ociates degree and move on to Lander University. When my children and I got to Greenwood, the house I had lined up for us fell through and we were hotel bound for about a month until I found a great 4 bedroom I could afford. When I found out the house fell through, after seeing he had made a decent attempt to clean himself up, I allowed my oldest son to enroll in school under his custody until I found the house we live in now. We all agreed this was only temp. I got the house on Oct 17 2010 and then my oldest was ready. His father was not willing to let him go. I took him back into my custody b/c that was the agreement and that is what my son wanted, he told me some pretty bad stuff was going on over there that he hadn't mentioned to me until he was back in my custody. He moved back in with me Oct 28 and was enrolled in school the following week. I talked to their father, this is what my son wanted, etc. He pretended to be fine with it. Until I told him November 8 that I filed for child support again. He never paid any of the other CS and was behind $4400.00. I told him I would let that go. He asked me Nov. 21 if he could have all 3 of our children for the Thanksgiving holiday 2010 and bring them back that Sunday. I agreed. My children never returned. He called that Sunday said he was keeping my children, so I called the police. I had no order in place and we are still legally married, so there was nothing they could do. I immediatley filed another emergency hearing and was there by Dec 15. He came to court with a lawyer his mother paid for and with about 6 affidavits saying I am a drug addict, bad mother, etc. Well, the judge bought all this crap, ordered a hair follicle test, which cam eback negitive, of course, granted HIM temp custody and started deducting my back child support!!!! The judge ordered a Guardian Ad Litem and I believe she is almost done with her investigation b/c I have gotten a bill. I have proved to her that everything he and his family (who wrote the affidavits) was totally false and rediculous. I have audio recordings of him committing contempts of the tempt order, telling me I shouldn't have file for CS, grabbing my ***, asking for one of my perscription meds (I started taking for anxiety after he STOLE my children). ETC. I will win the case, I just need a lawyer to represent me. I can pay, but only payments. I can not afford a $3000 retainer! If there is anyone out there who knows an attorney who will help me and my poor children, please let me know. It can be confidential, I will send an e-mail address if you wish. I really need someone to help me get me children home. They have to be peeled off of me everytime they have to go back to him. They don't even know him! His mother has had a personal vendetta ever since I sent him back to her to support him aga

No comments:

Post a Comment