Saturday, June 25, 2011

Surveyor obviously did not listen.?

I am buying a piece of land (30 acres) that we are dividing out of 60 acres. So he is setting the North boundary line of the property. I told him where I wanted the Boundary line to start over the Telephone and the guy started it about 20 feet south of where I told him to start it and cut off our driveway. So not only did I have to renegotiate with the sellers and add cost to my purchase (due to adding .200 acres to the amount we are buying) On top of that I asked the surveyor to go out there and adjust the north boundary line just a little bit so I did not have to relocate my driveway. He said he would at an additional fee which I understand had I been adding something to the job not asking him to make a correction to his mistake. This upset me a little bit and I did raise my voice but I did not get vulgar or curse or anything but I was obviously getting upset. I not yelling but with a raised tone explained how I thought it was unfair that I pay for him to go back out there to correct his mistake but I agreed to pay it. I feel bad for getting a little bit upset I did work for this guy when I was in high school (10+years ago). However I think he should have called when he ended up cutting 20 feet of our drive way off and asked if he wanted me to correct it. Also I feel slighted a little bit because I did not shop around with other surveyors, I didnt question his price or anything I showed him loyalty. Did I over react here? I feel bad because I did express my unhappiness with him but I kept it very professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment